Rochester Sump Pump Services
We Keep Your Basement Flood-Free
Monroe and Ontario counties are notorious for their wet seasons. Those seasons also happen to be when many Rochester residents like to escape for a bit. There’s nothing worse than coming home from vacation to discover your basement has flooded because you didn’t have a sump pump, or, worse, your existing sump pump failed and the house sitter didn’t notice the contents of your basement floating around at the bottom of the stairs.
Whether you are installing a sump pump for the first time or replacing a malfunctioning unit, Pride Plumbing of Rochester can help. Discover the benefits of a quality, professionally-installed sump pump system today. We also offer a cutting-edge remote monitoring system that you can access on your smartphone from anywhere in the world.
To learn more about our sump pump products and services, call our expert plumbers at (585) 332-4550!
How Sump Pumps Work
Sump pumps are installed at the lowest point of your basement or crawl space in a specially created pit. Water flows into the pit via drain channels or naturally up through the soil. When the water reaches a certain level, the sump pump kicks on automatically and directs the water out and away from the house and foundation through a discharge pipe, saving you from a costly flood and possible resulting mold and mildew issues.
For the best protection, we also recommend installing a backup system. Some of your options for backup sump pumps include:
- Battery-powered backup systems – Designed to operate when the main sump pump fails such as during a power outage. The backup pump is equipped with its own switch that’s activated by the water when it reaches a certain level. It can also work in conjunction with your main pump in the event of a heavy storm if the main pump is having trouble keeping up.
- Water-powered backup systems – Operate using your municipal water source to create suction which pulls the water out of your sump pit in the event your main sump pump fails. The water is pumped out of your basement through a dedicated piping that’s run through the sill plate and dispersed externally. This is a safety measure to ensure the water leaves your basement in the event your main drainage has been clogged. The system also has an alarm to notify you when your main pump has failed, and your water backup has been turned on.
Sump pumps and backup sump pumps come with alarms to notify you if the pump is not working. A loud signal and bright flashing lights warn you of an issue or failure. Wireless remote alarm systems, such as the Liberty Pump’s NightEye, are accessed via your smartphone so you can stay connected and in control no matter where in the world you are.
Let us help you save money on services you need! Take a look at our coupons and specials today.
Products We Trust
Pride Plumbing of Rochester recommends and installs Liberty Pump products. Since 1965, Liberty has consistently shown an outstanding ability to locally manufacture products that meet the specific needs of our upstate NY customers. The Genesee County Chamber of Commerce named Liberty Pumps the 2016 Business of the Year. Our best-selling Liberty Pump is not only made in the U.S.A., but it is also made right here in Bergen, NY.
While our plumbers install many different types of sump pumps, we recommend two model types.
The 230-series submersible sump pumps are energy-saving models and have the following features:
- Vortex style impellers which permit the passage of solids without clogging
- Deep finned powder coated aluminum motor housings which provide 225% more cooling capacity
- Stainless steel rotor shafts
- Fasteners made from non-corrosive stainless steel
- Oil-filled, hermetically sealed motors with thermal overload protection
- Permanently lubricated upper and lower bearings
- Quick-connect 10-foot standard power cords which can be replaced in seconds without breaking any seals to the motor
For more information about this series of sump pumps, click here.
The HT450-series are similar to the 230-series models; however, the HT-450 series are suited for high temperatures.
All models come with a three-year manufacturer’s warranty.
In addition to sump and back-up pumps, Liberty also makes:
- Sewage pumps
- Effluent pumps
- Drain pumps
- Grinder pumps
- Complete pre-assembled sewage packages
It gets better. Pride Plumbing of Rochester will match Liberty Pump’s industry-leading guarantee on any Liberty Pump product we install. It’s that simple.
Protect Your Home Today
Whether you’re in Pittsford or Hilton, Irondequoit, or Honeoye Falls, or any other town in Monroe or Ontario Counties, call Pride Plumbing of Rochester to solve your plumbing situation before it becomes an emergency. Let us install a Liberty Pump sump, back-up pump system, and alarm in your home now, and avoid a basement flood that can cause thousands of dollars in damage later. With upfront pricing and the best, most knowledgeable, friendliest technicians in town, peace of mind is a just phone call away.