Rochester Water Heaters
Skilled Technicians for Installations & Repairs in the Entire Monroe County Area
Pride Plumbing of Rochester offers a full range of services for water heaters. Whether your current unit needs a repair or it’s time for a replacement, we can fix a variety of common problems or help you find high-quality, energy-efficient water heater for your home. Our local plumbing company has served the needs of homeowners in Rochester, Pittsford, and the surrounding areas since 2007.
What's the Average Life of a Water Heater?
The average lifespan of a conventional water heater is anywhere between 8 and 12 years long. This is achieved by regular maintenance and repairs. Below we have 3 indicators on when it may be time to replace your water heater:
It's the end of it's lifespan -
Like we mentioned in the above paragraph, when you maintain and repair your water heater, it can last anywhere from 8 to 12 years. But at some point, even with proper care, your water heater is going to reach it's expiration date and may cause you more problems due to it's old age.
Rusty Water -
Even though conventional water heaters are made of steel, thry are still very susceptible to rust. If you notice brownish water coming out of your faucet, it may be due to your water heater having rust inside the tank. You'll want to address this before it impacts your family's health.
Water Heater Leaking -
Leaks can be much more common when water heaters near the end of their lifespan. When a leak isn't addressed, it can cause significant property damage. Make sure to routinely check for water pooling around the base of your water heater.
Top-Quality Water Heaters
If your water heater is more than 10 years old, leaking from the bottom, or not heating the water, it may have reached the end of its useful lifespan. You have a variety of options and better energy efficiency when it comes to water heater replacement. No matter if you choose a traditional tank or a tankless water heater, we can guide you in selecting a new unit.
When buying a water heater, consider the following:
- The type of water heater (traditional, tankless, or hybrid)
- The size of the water heater
- The capacity of the storage tank
- Fuel types, such as gas or electric
- The energy efficiency rating
- Available warranties
- If the price tag fits your budget
Let us explain your options and recommend the best water heater for your home. Our licensed Rochester water heater service professionals have extensive experience installing all types of water heaters for optimal performance. We even offer a $50 discount for traditional tank water heater installations and $250 off tankless water heaters.
Different Types of Water Heaters We Can Service
Water heaters come in a variety of styles, types, makes, and models. Does that mean you need to find a variety of water heater service companies to work on your water heater? Not if you come to Pride Plumbing of Rochester! We train our water heater technicians to be able to repair, tune-up, and install all sorts of water heaters, so you only need to know one phone number for all your water heater service needs: (585) 332-4550.
Three of the most common types of water heaters we service are:
- Gas: Most homes come equipped with a gas water heater with a large, multi-gallon tank filled with water. A gas burner under the tank supplies the heater to the water tank. Despite gas water heaters being common, they are not highly efficient at keeping water heated and supplied to your plumbing fixtures on demand. If you have a gas water heater, you may want to consider upgrading it soon.
- Electric: An electric water heater functions quite similar to a gas water heater, except it does not have a gas burner underneath it. Instead, electrical heating elements are placed near the core of the tank. Electricity is used to heat up the elements, which in turn heat up the water. If you are looking for a more efficient water heater to replace your gas one, then an electrical water heater is a good choice.
- Tankless: To get an advanced water heater for your home, let us install a tankless water heater. As the name implies, a tankless water heater does without the multi-gallon water tank. This sleeker design enables a tankless water heater to be installed in smaller spaces in your home. Perhaps more impressively, though, tankless water heaters heat water on demand, giving you practically unlimited hot water. If you hate when hot water runs out in the middle of a shower, a tankless water heater is a must.
Competent Technicians for Repairs & Maintenance
If your water heater isn’t working, give us a call for our same-day Rochester water heater repairs. We provide repairs and maintenance for all types of water heaters in Rochester. Our technicians are skilled at troubleshooting and equipped to provide the services needed to restore your hot water and maximize the life of your unit.
Please call (585) 332-4550 to schedule installation, repair, or maintenance service.