Summer in Rochester, Monroe County and the surrounding areas have been hot and humid lately! In this case, you want to make sure that if you have an ice maker installed, it is running efficiently.
Most ice makers come with lines that are made of plastic, which can easily burst. Pride Plumbing uses copper lines to prevent your ice maker line from bursting and causing you costly repairs. Along with that, Pride Plumbing of Rochester can install a quarter turn ball valve on your ice maker line for easy operation.
What are the benefits to having an ice maker?
- No need to wait on your ice cube trays to freeze.
- No need to run to the grocery store to grab a bag of ice.
- You can readily have an ice-cold beverage.
- Easy to use
- The ice maker does all of the work on its own.
- If you ever need to turn it off, the quarter turn ball valve makes for an incredibly easy shut off and it is just as simple to turn back on.
- You never run out of ice
- There is enough ice to go around to anyone and everyone!
What is a quarter turn ball valve?
- The quarter turn ball valve is also known as a quarter turn shut off valve.
- Quarter turn valves are a more recent addition to the plumbing industry. They employ a ball valve design.
- When you turn the valve just 90 degrees, you allow water to continuously flow or you block the path of the water.
How is a quarter turn ball valve helpful for the ice maker?
- Generally, when an ice maker has an issue, there is a problem with the water valve.
- If you have a plumbing emergency and the water valve bursts, you would need to quickly utilize the quarter turn ball valve that is connected to the ice maker to stop water from flowing.
Where is it located?
- The quarter turn ball valve that is utilized for your ice maker can be located in a few different places. Usually, this valve is located under the kitchen sink, in the basement, in a crawl space, or in the cabinet next to the refrigerator.
- Ask your friendly Pride Plumbing technician to show you where the valve is located in case of future emergencies.
For the month of July, Pride Plumbing of Rochester is offering $75 off an ice maker line or $100 off an ice maker line with a new shut-off valve installation. Click here for the monthly special, along with other great savings!
William from Fairport, NY stated: “We were so happy to see Eddie when the water line to the refrigerator's ice-maker was spouting and spritzing inside the pantry. He moved out the fridge, repaired the water line in no time and we were back in business. Thanks for the service, Eddie!”
Pride Plumbing of Rochester is open and ready to serve our community as an essential business. Give us a call at (585) 471-6785 or fill out a form online to set up an appointment for any of your plumbing repairs or installations.