Pride Plumbing of Rochester flushed a tankless hot water heater in Pittsford, NY.
Below are some common questions regarding the care and maintenance for tankless water heaters.
What is a tankless water heater?
- Also called an on-demand water heater, tankless water heaters instantly heat water as it flows through the device without the use of a storage tank.
Why install a tankless water heater?
- Calling a licensed professional plumber to install a hot water heater allows customers to get instant hot water at an unlimited supply. You can take a 3-hour long shower and never run out of hot water! Tankless water heaters will also save you money in the long run. The base price for a tankless water heater may be more than a traditional hot water tank, however they can be up to 34% more energy efficient than the standard hot water tank and can last more than twice the life.
What does flushing a tankless water heater mean?
- Flushing a tankless water heater simply means to clean it out with a descaling agent, which removes sediment or build up.
What happens if I don’t flush out my tankless water heater?
- Mineral deposits may build up. This could cause a clog within the tankless water heater and may prevent normal heating activity. Your hot water could also fluctuate and overheat the system, affecting its efficiency.
What are the benefits of flushing out a tankless water heater?
- Reduces clogging: Tankless water heaters can develop mineral backups and by flushing it out with a descaling agent, it prevents the chances of clogging.
- Reduces noise: If your tankless water heater is making noise, it is likely there is build up within the tank. If the noise goes away on its own, the buildup could be so solidified that water can no longer efficiently pass through.
- Heating speed improvement: The more build up there is in the tankless water heater, the longer the heat transfer takes. Regular flushing can get your tankless water heater back to optimal efficiency.
- Equipment lifespan: When flushed out with a descaling solution, you are helping the tankless water heater last longer.
- Cost: If your tankless water heater is clogged, it is harder for the water to pass through, which means more energy needs to be used to produce the hot water, which equals higher bills! Regular flushing increases water flow and can significantly cut costs.
How often should I have my tankless water heater flushed out?
- Tankless water heaters should be flushed out every year to 2 years.
Why should I have my tankless water heater flushed out so regularly?
- Areas with more hard water need to have their tankless water heaters flushed out more regularly.
What is hard water and how does it impact my tankless water heater?
- Water hardness is a measure of the mineral content of water. In Monroe County, the water is considered to be moderately hard. It contains between 5.6 and 7.6 grains per gallon of hard water. Homeowners living in Rochester, NY or Monroe County do not need a water softener, however getting your tankless water heater flushed out with a descaling solution is especially important due to the moderate hard water.
Do I need a professional for flushing out my tankless water heater?
- Yes! It is always a good idea to call a licensed professional plumber.
Inside of a Tankless Hot Water Heater
Alice from Pittsford stated, “We called Pride Plumbing to service our tankless water heater and fix a leak in our shower. Keith arrived and was quick to the task. He assessed the situation, gave us a quote, and offered us several options. Two and a half hours later, we had a clean tankless water heater (yes, they take a long time to service) and a leak free shower! Thank you, Keith, for your kind, courteous service. We will definitely use Pride Plumbing again!”
If it’s time to get your tankless water heater flushed out, call your neighborhood plumber, Pride Plumbing at (585) 332-4550 or click here to schedule an appointment online. Click here to access our coupon to save up to $400 on your tankless hot water heater installation.